As part of our expansion, we're very pleased to introduce you to the first episode of the A113Animation Podcast! This possibly-sort-of-regular podcast will cover recent animation news, play clips of interviews we carry out, and review the latest releases: this time, it's Iron Man 3.
The episode is available now on Podomatic (below) for either streaming or download, and you can follow us on that site here; you can download the show on iTunes here, and please do subscribe and rate; we're also on Stitcher Radio (a player for that is embedded below too). Check out the episode and its extensive show notes below!
Welcome to the very first episode (the pilot, in fact) of the A113Animation Podcast! Hosted by me and co-hosted by Damien and Munir. We're not sure how often we're going to be posting these episodes (although we'll hopefully back later this month to discuss Blue Sky's Epic), so please let us know what you think of the show! Topics up for discussion this week included:
- Rainmaker Entertainment to make feature length animated Ratchet & Clank film: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/rainmaker-will-release-ratchet-and-clank-in-2015.html
- Why I love Ratchet & Clank and why Damien and Munir are crazy.
- Our reactions to the teaser footage.
- Thoughts on Rainmaker's previous filmography.
- The leaked Frozen footage: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/first-animated-look-at-frozen-leaked.html
- We all voice our clear opinions on why Disney's marketting is absolutely pathetic.
- The latest trailer for Monsters University: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/watch-new-monsters-university-trailer.html
- The comparatively good marketing for this film.
- Another good rant about Disney: this time, their erratic release schedule.
- Early Monsters University praise from CinemaCon: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/disney-at-cinemacon-2013.html
- Why we all think Brave was actually a very good film - including William ranking it above Finding Nemo.
- Merida to become a Disney Princess: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/merida-becomes-eleventh-disney-princess.html
- Thoughts on Pixar's first addition to the franchise.
- Our unanimous disinterest in the Disney Princess line.
- New details emerge Aardman's Shaun the Sheep film: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/aardman-news-13-shaun-sheep-movie.html
- Discussion of how excited we are to see another Aardman film.
- Munir has a little rant about Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run's Blu-ray absence.
- Damien ponders whether it might be a silent film, in the manner of WALL-E.
- Jon Hamm joins the voice cast of Illumination's Minions: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/05/jon-hamm-joins-minions-voice-cast.html
- My guy-crush on Jon Hamm.
- Damien and Munir reassert their craziness, after shamefully admitting to not having seen any Mad Men episodes.
- William and Damien engage in a heated debate about who the better Doctor is, David Tennant or Matt Smith?
- Early predictions on Minions.
- Al Pacino leaves Despicable Me 2, his villain character will be replaced by Benjamin Bratt.
- Tangled co-director Byron Howard's new project to star Jason Bateman: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/05/byron-howard-new-film-jason-bateman.html
- How much we all love Arrested Development and Tangled.
- Disney's apparent disillusionment with their own animation studio and how low they rank it compared to Pixar and Marvel films.
Interview with Chris Sanders and Kirk DeMicco, directors of The Croods [00:26:57]: Check out the fully transcribed interview here: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/05/interview-chris-sanders-and-kirk-demicco.html
Iron Man 3 discussion [00:34:53]:
- Tonal problems.
- It was funny - very funny.
- How the film compares - or, rather, doesn't compare - to the trailers.
- Munir thinks that the film was actually pretty dark in places. Damien and William disagree.
- The gripping house-assault scene.
- The evolution of Tony Stark.
- "I'm just a man in a can."
- What we're most anticipating in Phase 2.
- Our most anticipated films of 2013: Man of Steel, The World's End, Star Trek Into Darkness and more!
- Spoiler-filled section [00:49:23]:
- What we thought of the major plot twists.
- Where the ending leaves the rest of Phase 2.
- Thoughts on the after-credits scene.
- Our ratings [1:04:54]
- William's Iron Man 3 review: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/04/iron-man-3-review.html
- The full A113Animation online group review of Iron Man 3: http://www.a113animation.com/2013/05/a113animation-assemble-iron-man-3-group-review.html
Recorded Friday 3rd May, 2013. Runtime: 1:06:49, 61.5 MB
Official description for the episode: From the animation news, views, reviews and interviews site, A113Animation.com, comes the A113Animation Podcast! Hosted by William Jardine, and co-hosted by Damien Chevrier and Munir Abedrabbo, join us as we discuss everything animated - and a lot more besides.
On the pilot episode of the A113Animation Podcast, we cover recent animation news, including Ratchet and Clank, Frozen, Monsters University, Shaun the Sheep, Minions, Byron Howard's new film and more! The episode also features a snippet of our recent interview with Chris Sanders and Kirk DeMicco, the directors of The Croods. Then we round off the show with a spoiler-free and spoiler-filled two-part review of Marvel's latest release, Iron Man 3. Packing Jon Hamm guy-crushes, Doctor Who debates and off-topic rants galore, listen to and download Episode 1 of the A113Animation Podcast now!
Full show notes at http://www.a113animation.com/2013/05/the-a113animation-podcast-pilot-episode.html
- Follow the podcast feed on Podomatic at http://a113animationpodcast.podomatic.com/.
- Follow A113Animation on Twitter @A113Animation.
- Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/a113animation.
- +1 us on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/115481598837841724330/posts.
- You can find us individually on Twitter @WilliamKJardine, @Archibald_H and @maac027.
- Get in touch with us and let us know what you thought of Iron Man 3 and the show at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intro and outro used are "The Adventures of Tintin" by John Williams and is copyright Sony Classical. All clips used are copyright their respective owners. Else, all rights reserved.
Be sure to let us know what you think of the show, and we'll hopefully be back pretty soon.