Box Office Mojo reports that Disney have nabbed release dates for a grand total of 8 new, untitled animated releases between 2016 and 2018. The site labels them as:
- Untitled Disney Animation - 4th March, 2016
- Untitled Pixar Animation - 17th June, 2016
- Untitled Disney Animation - 23rd November, 2016
- Untitled Pixar Animation - 16th June, 2017
- Untitled Pixar Animation - 22nd November, 2017
- Untitled Disney Animation - 8th March, 2018
- Untitled Pixar Animation - 15th June, 2018
- Untitled Disney Animation - 21st November, 2018
That's four films apiece across 3 years. The Disney ones will presumably consist of Ron and John's new film, Byron Howard's Jason Bateman-starring animal comedy, Wreck-It Ralph 2, and the long-in-development King of the Elves (that's assuming they are all WDAS films, and not DisneyToon Studios ones). The Pixar ones presumably include Teddy Newton's new film, possibly The Incredibles 2, hopefully newt; we assume the June 2016 release is Lee Unkrich's Día de los Muertos film.
|In 2014 Pixar will release The Good Dinossaur and Walt Disney Animation|
Studios will release Big Hero 6.
Before all that though, Pixar release Monsters University next month, Bob Peterson's The Good Dinosaur on 30th May, 2014, Pete Docter's Inside Out on 19th June, 2015, and Finding Dory on 25th November, 2015. So if those plans stay the same, Pixar will release two films in one year for the first time in 2015, and for the second time in 2017. Disney-wise, though it doesn't seem it from their advertising, Frozen hits cinemas this November, and they'll release the Don Hall-directed Big Hero 6 on 7th November, 2014.
It's certainly exciting to speculate, even if we know very little for sure. What would you like to see these untitled releases be? Leave us a comment below.